Sildenafil is a drug used to treat erectile dysfunction or impotence is sometimes referred to. In addition to impotence, sildenafil is also used to reduce the pressure in the arteries of the lung at the time increased (hypertension pulmonal). These drugs work by inhibiting the enzyme phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5), thus making the smooth muscle in the penis and blood vessels of the lung become slack and increase blood flow.
The PDE5 inhibitor Drugs:
- Categories: prescription drugs
- Benefits: Overcoming impotence and hypertension pumonal
- Consumed by: adults.
- Category: pregnancy and lactation category B: study on animal experiment showed no risk to the fetus, but there has been no controlled studies in pregnant women. Sildenafil has not been known to be absorbed into the ASI or not. When you are breastfeeding, do not use this medicine without consulting a doctor.
- Drug form: Tablet salute membranes
- This drug should not be given to children (under 18 years of age), although experiencing hypertension pulmonal, because long term consumption raises death risk.
- These drugs can cause a decrease in the ability to hear suddenly accompanied by tinnitus.
- Stop the use of sildenafil and immediately encountered the doctor in case of loss of sight suddenly in one or both eyes.
- In patients with a history of nonarteritic ischemic optic vision disorder neuropathy (NAION), use of sildenafil with caution.
- In patients with a history of heart disease, the risk of a heart attack causing sildenafil while doing sexual intercourse. Therefore, the granting of this drug is not recommended in patients who experience erectile dysfunction due to heart disease.
- Use with caution in patients with retinitis pigmentosa retinal disease.
Tell the doctor if you’re using other drugs, including supplements and herbs products.
- In case of allergic reaction or an overdose after taking sildenafil, immediately encountered the doctor.
The Dose Of Sildenafil
- Conditions: Hypertension pulmonal
- Age: adult
- dosage: 5 or 20 mg, 3 times per day.
- Condition: Impotence
- Age: adult
- dosage: 50 mg, consumed one hour before sexual intercourse. The maximum dose is 100 mg per day.
Taking Sildenafil correctly
Be sure to read the instructions on the packaging of the drug and follow the advice of physicians in the use of sildenafil.
To overcome impotence, we recommend using sildenafil is not more than 4 hours before sexual intercourse. Sildenafil will be more effective if taken 1 hour before sexual intercourse. In overcoming impotence, sildenafil is a drug that is not consumed regularly per day.
In overcoming hypertension pulmonal, sildenafil can be taken before or after a meal. Thrash tablet whole with water, do not split or chew the tablet as it can affect the workings of the drug. The drug should be drunk at the same time each day. When forget taking medication, immediately drink if the distance of the time with the next dose still further. If it’s close, ignore and do not double the dose.
Tell the doctor if the condition does not improve or worsens.
Here is the interaction that can occur if taking sildenafil along with other drugs:
- Causes of low blood pressure, if combined with isosorbide dinitrate, such as nitrates.
- The risk of hypertension, if taken with drugs to cope with the enlarged prostate the bearer of alfa, like tamsulosin.
- Increasing levels of sildenafil in blood, if consumed with antiviral drugs ritonavir and lopinavir.
- Lower levels of sildenafil in blood, if consumed with drug rifampicin and phenytoin.
Side Effects Of Sildenafil
Side effects that may arise after taking sildenafil is:
- Skin rash
See more about:
- Hypertension Pulmonal
Reviewed by: Dr. Tjin Willy